FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Raleigh, North Carolina - April 2, 2009
• Round Four of the Atlantic Rally Cup returns to Linden, Tennessee
• New format promises biggest event yet
• National exposure expected
Celebrating it's 5th year, the acclaimed Rally Tennessee expands to a two-day event May 23 - 24, 2009 showcasing more rally cars and motorcycles than ever before. Early entries are being accepted and the regular deadline is May 15.
NASA Rally Sport's annual Rally Tennessee will kick off summer during Memorial Day weekend just an hour west of Nashville. This Linden, Tennessee based event will have cars and motorcycles racing over a closed course of super twisty roads on Saturday and Sunday.
The rally is unique in its terrain which takes advantage of the winding along Tennessee's mountain ridges. Although rally racing roads come in many flavors, the predominant format in North America is gravel roads. Rally Tennessee is a 'tarmac' rally and provides a special challenge to the racers. Competitors must use specialized tires and re-tune their suspension dramatically to hold the course. Even their driving styles must change completely to accommodate the very different grip condition of Perry County's roads.
This year's expanded format include a new Shakedown Stage and an additional Parc Exposé offering ample opportunities to meet the competitors and sponsors. Many competitors from as far away as Canada, Poland, Ireland, England, or as close as New York, Florida, and North Carolina, will return to Perry County for this spectacular event. Rally Tennessee attracts novice and veteran competitors alike while spectators enjoy the variety of viewing locations throughout Perry County.
Rally Tennessee offers opportunities to those interested in motorsports and racing. Volunteers can get involved at the starts and finishes of the racing stages, assisting in the pit/service areas, facilitate communications, and help with registration. Get involved by visiting http://rallytennessee.com/2009/volunteers.php.
• Rally Tennessee takes place in the Town of Linden and Perry County Tennessee.
• Rally Tennessee will be held on May 23 - 24, 2009.
• For motorcycles, Rally Tennessee is part of the Atlantic RallyMoto(tm) Cup, the only rally format
championship for motorcycles America. the Atlantic RallyMoto(tm) Cup is part of NASA Rally Sport's
trademarked RallyMoto(tm) program.
• For cars, Rally Tennessee is part of the Atlantic Rally Cup and the United States Rally Championship.
• For media support contact Amy Feistel: +1 919.434.3267, email@example.com